Sharing Your Information
C4H never sells or shares information outside of the site functions themselves, that are readily apparent through use of the site. C4H enables people to discover and share information with one another on our web site and when sharing fundraiser information on social media.
We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information you provide to us.
We also receive and store information that you enter on our website or provide to us in other ways; e.g., step data pulled in from your approved device. You can choose not to submit information, but then some features may not work.
1. Registration: In order for you to use C4H you must create an account with an email address. As part of registration, we allow input of additional fields such as name. We will not be able to pay you without your name being provided to us prior to requesting a cash out.
2. Profiles: Additional bio/demo data fields are available and may be added to your profile to enhance the user experience on the site; e.g., at present, you can upload a photo of yourself if you choose.
3. Payment Information: We use a PayPal subsidiary, “Braintree” to process payments. Braintree is a leader in this space. As a result, we never save your payment information.
4. Orders: If you purchase a product or service through C4H, we may need to collect additional information, such as shipping address.
5. Bulletin Boards, Discussion Forums: If you use a discussion / messaging feature on our site, you should be aware that personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of the aforesaid forums. This information could then be used by a third party to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for such personally identifiable information that you choose to submit in the forums. We also connect to third-party services like Facebook and Twitter, and any information that you post on our site may be sent off our site via these third-party services with your consent.
6. Automatic Information: When you add your Fitbit or other activity tracking device to C4H, we may automatically collect and store certain types of information such as your steps per day. In every case, we will collect the minimal amount of data necessary to allow your participation on C4H. Please note, that for step competitions, your daily and average daily steps are shown on the C4H dashboard to anyone else competing in the same competition.
Email and Other Communications
We will send you emails from time to time including but not limited to: after you have registered, reminding you to sync your steps prior to a competition ending, when you are invited to a contest, and, when a contest ends. These are integral to your use of the site and we encourage you to add email@example.com to your safe senders list. If you do not want to receive email from us, email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you want to take off our lists. If you request a “Cash Out” of your wallet, we may need to contact you to ensure we can mail you a check to a current/correct address. In addition, we may need additional information from you for IRS reporting purposes.
Protection of C4H and Others
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of C4H, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We also reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, governmental requests, or legal process.
User Profile Information
Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area where we allow you to tell other users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed.
Except as noted above, C4H will not provide users' personally identifiable information to third parties or use it for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected without their prior permission.
Keeping Information Secure
The security of your information is of paramount importance to us. Your account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. In addition, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information of our users, both during transmission and after we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) during the sign-up process or on our order forms, we encrypt your information during transmission using 128 bit secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure, however, so we cannot guarantee absolute security. You can enhance your security by protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer and by creating a secure password. Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Minors under 18 Years of Age are prohibited from registering to use the C4H website and mobile apps. If you are under 18 years old, please do not attempt to register with this site or send any information about yourself to us directly. A minor can however indirectly benefit from C4H if a legal parent/guardian is registered as their beneficiary. For example, a 17 year is accepted to college and wishes to be the cause/charity for a step competition. Their parent/guardian could sign up and request to be added to C4H as the charity on behalf of the minor.
Conditions of Use